Each month, we Take 5 with one of our partners who are on the journey with us for a healthier Idaho, healthier future. This month: Rebecca Lemmons, regional manager, Community Health, and Well-Being at Saint Alphonsus
1. What is your go-to healthy snack or meal?
Shrimp stir-fry with extra veggies over brown rice.
2. What are your favorite forms of exercise?
Jumping on the trampoline and impromptu dance parties with my kiddos.
3. Where is your favorite place to be active in your community?
My family loves the greenbelt, MK Nature Center and parks. All of the parks!
4. Can you tell us something about your organization that people don’t know but should?
Saint Alphonsus is dedicated to not only providing excellent health care close to home, but we are also deeply investing in the “other 70 percent,” which means all those things outside the hospital walls that support our neighbors and community members in living their healthiest lives. We’re committed to access to healthy foods, affordable housing, livable wages, and supporting early childhood education, to name a few.
5. What is on your wish list for promoting children to be active and healthy eaters?
I would love to see complete and appealing parks that are safe and connected for all to enjoy.